Bus Driver (Part Time)
Marmion Academy is looking for a part-time CDL bus driver available weekdays. Duties include driving for field trips.
Bus Driver (Part Time) - Two Positions
Marmion Academy is looking for two part-time CDL and non-CDL bus drivers available afternoons, evenings and some weekends. Duties include driving for sporting events. With Monday through Friday availability from 2:15 PM into the evening.
Multi-Function School Activities Bus Driver
Marmion Academy is looking for a part time driver for daily after school route. CDL not necessary.
INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION ONLINE (CLICK HERE)
- Safely transport passengers to Marmion related events
- Keep in accordance with all Federal, State, Board of Education and Illinois D.O.T. rules and regulations
- Takes directions well
- On time or early mentality
- Quickly and accurately complete pre-trip inspections
- Maintain or communicate to authority figure to maintain discipline at all times
- Communicate any problems efficiently, effectively, and in a timely manor
- Attend job specific transportation meetings
- Knows emergency procedures for bus evacuations for any type of situation
- Completes end of the year review
- Presents a clean bus for the trip
- Leaves a clean bus for the next trip
- This includes but is not limited to sweeping, dusting, emptying garbage and window cleaning. If other problems present themselves the driver is expected to clean up and report to transportation department
- Empties garbage can after every trip (and if necessary during the trip)
- Driver will find routes to destinations, except when asked to take a different route by the coach
- Must read, understand and follow street signs, and/or maps
- To be readily available to team or group when needed. This is could include early morning trips, evening trips and flexibility with weather related issues
- Submit in writing (physical or e-mail) request off dates two weeks before hand. Emergency situations will be considered
- Report any accident or traffic violation immediately following violation as long as it is safe environment
- Understand “On Call” duties
- Know that in season sports get first priority over out of season field trips
- Other duties assigned by Transportation Director
Skills and requirements
- Good verbal communication
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- CDL with Bus Operator endorsement*
- 21 or older
- Pass a background check
- Submit to a good driver check
- Pass the yearly physical
- Complete Protecting God’s Children course and turn in certificate
*For Yellow Bus driver’s only.
For additional information or questions, contact Pat Mitchell at (630) 897-6936 ext 247 or by e-mail at PMitchell@Marmion.org.